Commitment. Diligence. Integrity.
Charles H. Baumberger, Esq.
Co-Founder & Partner
One of South Florida’s most experienced trial lawyers, Charles H. Baumberger co-founded the firm more than 35 years ago. Today Chuck is one of the region’s go-to attorneys for personal injury cases, having obtained a long list of substantial recoveries for clients – including numerous multimillion-dollar jury awards and settlements. He regularly handles all manner of personal injury claims – from medical malpractice to defective products to railroad cases – and is well known for taking on, and prevailing in, the complex negligence cases other lawyers shy away from.
For years, Chuck has been an influential member of many of the legal profession’s foremost organizations. He has served as president of the Dade County Bar Association, and has been selected to several invitation-only bodies, including the American Board of Trial Advocates (where he served as president of both its foundation and Florida division). Chuck’s peers have further recognized him by regularly voting him one of South Florida’s top lawyers in the South Florida Legal Guide.
Chuck has also been a leader in defending the rights of railroad workers. His experience, knowledge and skill in handling cases involving injured railroad workers has been recognized by various railroad unions. Chuck has been awarded the title of “designated legal counsel” by multiple unions including UTU, TCU and IBEW.
A graduate of the University of Florida College of Law, Chuck is a frequent speaker on complex legal topics, has written for publications including Trial Magazine, and authored a key chapter -- on compelling the attendance of witnesses and the production of evidence -- in Florida Civil Trial Practice. He has also served on several state task forces on insurance, medical, and legal issues.
Chuck and his wife Molly have two children and live in the Miami area.
Areas of Concentration:
- Medical Malpractice
- Defective Products
- Premises Liability
- Railroad/ FELA
- Florida Bar, 1966
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- Civil Trial Specialist
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee
- American Board of Trial Advocates: President
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers: Fellow
- American College of Trial Lawyers: Fellow
- International Society of Barristers: Fellow
- American Bar Association: Member
- Academy of Railway Labor Attorneys: Member
- Miami-Dade Justice Association: Member
- American Association for Justice: Member
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association: Member
- Dade County Bar Association: Past President
- Florida Justice Association: Former Board Member
- Trial Lawyers Section of The Florida Bar: Past Chairman
- Miami Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates: Past President
- ABOTA Foundation: Past President