Commitment. Diligence. Integrity.
Howard A. Spier, Esq.
One of the nation’s foremost experts in railroad litigation, Howard A. Spier has represented injured railroad workers and navigated the complex laws and regulations related to the railway industry, for more than 25 years. Manager of the firm’s railroad division, Howard has spoken before many of the country’s largest railroad workers groups and been involved in many high-profile railroad cases. As a former president of the Academy of Rail Labor Attorneys, Howard is dedicated to promoting and preserving federal safety legislation in support of the nation’s rail workers. He has long handled more traditional personal injury matters, as well, and has been named a “Super Lawyer” by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine and a “Top Lawyer” by South Florida Legal Guide.
Since joining the firm in 1996, Howard has been an enthusiastic supporter of our “give back to the community” philosophy, having provided pro-bono legal services on behalf of railroad workers seeking disability benefits from the United States Railroad Retirement Board. Howard is also designated legal counsel for the Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. As part of his work for these groups, Howard regularly speaks on issues pertaining to safe work environments, insurance and disability matters, and railroad workers’ legal rights when injured on the job.
A graduate of Albany Law School, the Long Island native has long called the Sunshine State home, residing in Plantation, Florida.
Areas of Concentration:
- Railroad Litigation
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Florida Bar, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee
- Albany Law School Union University, Albany, New York
- University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
- Academy of Railway Labor Attorneys: Director, Former President
- American Bar Association: Member
- American Association for Justice: Member
- Florida Justice Association: Member
- Dade County Bar Association: Member
- Miami-Dade Justice Association: Member