A veteran trial lawyer, Manuel “Alex” Reboso has accumulated almost as many accolades as victories in his 25 years with the firm. For a number of years, the South Florida Legal Guide has named Alex a “Top Lawyer,” and he has been named a “Super Lawyer” by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine. In 2007, Alex was awarded the prestigious W. McKinley Smiley, Jr. Award by the Florida Justice Association for mentoring young lawyers across the state of Florida.
One of Florida’s most successful personal injury, medical malpractice, and wrongful death attorneys, Alex has been responsible for numerous multimillion-dollar recoveries for clients. And, like his colleagues at the firm, Alex’s efforts – and victories – go further. The Georgetown University Law School graduate has lobbied for, and helped draft, key legislation to protect the rights of the injured to obtain justice, accountability, and recovery. Alex has testified before the Florida Legislature on issues related to medical malpractice, is a past member of the Dade County Community Relations Board, and has been actively involved with civic and philanthropic organizations, including Habitat for Humanity and several local high schools.
Within the legal community, Alex’s talent and dedication has been repeatedly recognized by his peers, who have named him to key positions within the profession. He has been a past president, treasurer, and secretary of the Miami Dade Justice Association and has served as a member of the executive committee and board of directors of the Florida Justice Association.
Born in Havana, Cuba and raised in Miami, Alex lives in the Kendall area with his wife and 2 children.
Areas of Concentration
- Florida Bar, 1984
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals,11th Circuit
- Florida Bar - Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, D.C. - J.D.
- University of Miami, Miami, Florida - B.B.A.
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)- National Board Representative
- ABOTA- President, Miami Chapter
- ABOTA- Florida Chapters (FLABOTA) - Board of Directors
- American Association for Justice: Member
- Cuban American Bar Association: Member
- Hispanic National Bar Association: Member
- Two Hundred Club of Greater Miami: Member
- Dade County Bar Association: Member
- American Bar Association: Member
- Florida Lawyers Action Group: Former Trustee
- Florida Justice Association: Former Director, Former Member of Executive Committee, Silver Eagle Award Winner, W. McKinley Smiley Award, Eagle Legend Award
- Miami-Dade Justice Association: Past President
- Dade County Community Relations Board: Former Member
Awards & Associations
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America- Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year
- The Best Lawyers in America- Personal Injury Litigation Lawyer of the Year
- The Best Lawyers in America- Product Liability Litigation Lawyer of the Year